The goal of the West Carrollton Schools' Health Department is to ensure the alignment of our district's health standards (K-12) to national and state standards. Students will be provided with opportunities to gain knowledge and skills essential to achieve optimum health. Students will access, utilize, interpret, understand, and obtain basic health information and services in ways that promote life-long wellness.
National Health Standards
- We can understand how to encourage personal health and prevent disease.
- We can explore how culture, media, technology, family, and other factors affect our health.
- We can show how to use health information services.
- We can show how to use interpersonal skills to avoid risks.
- We can show how to use decision-making skills that improve our health.
- We can show how to set personal goals that will improve or maintain our health.
- We can show how to practice healthy behaviors that help avoid risk or reduce risks in our lives.
- We can show how to advocate for personal, family, and community health.