Students who will be working in the State of Ohio must be issued a work permit from the school district they reside in. Please follow the procedures listed below:
1. The Application for Employment Certificate is to be filled out by the student and signed by a parent or guardian.
2. If this is your first work permit of the school year, have your employer fill out the Pledge of Employer form. If you had a work permit from the West Carrollton School District within the past year (from the date on the Physician’s Certificate), complete only the Pledge of Employer form and return it to the high school.
3. The Physician’s Certificate must be filled out and signed by your doctor. If you have a current sports physical on file for this school year, we will accept this for the physician’s approval.
4. Return all forms to either the Board of Education Office, 430 East Pease Avenue, or the West Carrollton High School, 5833 Student Street. Contact numbers are 859-5121, Ext. 1100 (Board of Education) or Ext. 8809 or 8800 (High School).
5. The student must return the following day in order to pick up the official work permit to take it to their employer. (In most instances, this may be able to be done while you wait). Please allow 24 hours for completion.
Students are not permitted to begin working until all forms are complete and official work permit is returned to the employer.