West Carrollton City Schools News Article

Superintendent Update - 07-07-22

July 7, 2022


Dear Pirate Families,


I am excited to share with you the news that we received word today from the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission (OFCC) has approved our state funding for the building project. This means we can begin planning for Phase 2 which will be construction of a new building to house students in grades 2 through 4 and a campus that will house students in grades 7 through 12. 


The OFCC committed to providing 81% of the co-funded project. Passage of the Building Bond Issue in November, 2019, allowed the district to lock in that commitment leaving the community to pick up only 19% of the co-funded project. We were able to use the community share of the funds generated from the Building Bond Issue to begin construction. The Early Childhood Center and Intermediate school that will open on August 24 were Phase 1 of the construction plan.


Approval of state funding from the OFCC today means we will be immediately transitioning into Phase 2 of the construction plan. A new building will be constructed adjacent to the new Early Childhood Center that will house students in grades 2 through 4. A new campus will be constructed on the current High School property that will house students in grades 7 through 12.


The state funding we are receiving from is $124,285,706. The community share of the project is $29,153,437. The total project is $153,439,143. Funding varies by school district, and West Carrollton received $124,285,706 of the total $307,316,388 approved for five school districts. The West Carrollton School District also has the lowest community share of the five school districts which means we are receiving the highest percentage of state funding!


We anticipate that Phase 2 will take approximately two years from planning to completion; however, current labor and supply chain issues may cause a delay in completion.


This is an exciting time not only for our students, but for the entire school district community! We are happy to be part of the positive things happening in our community! Find out more about the project including the amounts funded to each school district


Pirate Proud!


Dr. Andrea Townsend 







← BACK
Print This Article
View text-based website