The West Carrollton School District (WCSD) is proud to serve students and families and provide a social media platform appropriate for all ages. Our Facebook page provides information of public interest about what is happening in the schools and WCSD announcements. We encourage engagement including sharing thoughts, asking questions, sharing our posts and commenting regarding the posted topics.
The WCSD wants to remind everyone viewing or commenting to:
- Remember that children have access and can view posts.
- Be respectful and supportive of others.
- Be a positive role model for students.
The WCSD considers its social media platforms to be moderated. As a result, WCSD reserves the right to remove any comment(s) that are clearly off topic and inappropriate including, but not limited to:
- Profane or obscene language or content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates prejudice or discrimination.
- Sexually harassing, lewd, bullying, harassing, or discriminatory content.
- Conduct or encouragement of violence, criminal activity, or truancy (please note that threats made against school property are a felony under state law and persons who communicate threats will be reported to law enforcement).
- Spam or comments that include links to external online sites.
- Commercial solicitations or advertisements including promotion or endorsement.
- Information regarding outside services, products, political candidates or organizations.
- Information that is profane, slanderous, or defamatory against WCSD personnel or staff.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of individuals, public schools, or public school systems.
The WCSD wants to thank everyone doing their part to create a positive social media experience for our students and community and allowing the school district to maintain a social media presence.