The school health program in West Carrollton Schools is provided to remove health barriers to learning, promote understanding of good health practices, and to help our students maintain a state of good health. These purposes will be met through a program of minor emergency care, referral of health needs through screening programs, and enforcement of state rules and regulations regarding immunizations.
- Assist students in complying with physician prescribed treatments.
- Make provisions of urgent or emergency health services, until parent or EMS arrives on the scene.
- Maintain accurate student health records.
- Provide health screening, referral and follow-up services.
- Maintain up-to-date information and referral regarding communicable diseases and other student health needs.
- Work in cooperation with building personnel in the identification, intervention and follow-up of students at risk.